.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 18, 2007

More on Drugs

Look at those kids. Aren't they magnificent!

They are elementary school children from Taiwan, and they are taking the Drug-Free Marshals pledge.

Back on my soap box, I guess, but here's a personal story.

My younger sister was always so bright and capable. I admired her so much when we were growing up. She started drinking when she was 11 and started smoking dope when she was 13.

Of anyone I know, she probably posessed more talent and potential. And although she was a bit withdrawn and shy she had a really good disposition. But drugs changed all that.

One day I realized that she had really become vicious. I couldn't trust her any more and she absolutely refused to let me help her. And so that was that.

But even people who do make it and succeed in their careers -- they aren't exempt from the destruction of drugs. Just look how many artists are wrecked by alcohol and drug abuse.

Every time I go to a Scientology event and hear David Miscavige urge Scientologists to do more to help their friends and their communty I think of people like my sister, and how wonderful it would have been if someone had gotten to her before her "cool" friends did.

Labels: , , , ,






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?