.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I have been reading an essay by L. Ron Hubbard on the subject of ethics and morals and I am struck by what a breakthrough he made in the field of philosophy.

Before I every heard of the works of L. Ron Hubbard, when I was in school, I read various philosophers and always came away wondering - okay - now what? I never found a single thing I could do to improve my life, live more ethically, help my family or friends or even a stranger in need of help. I noticed those who studied philosophy tended themselves to be gloomy or very esoteric - arguing what exactly Kant meant to say, whose interpretation of Hegel's works was more accurate - but never - this is what we can do now to help someone stop beating his kids, this is how I can talk my friend into laying off the booze, this is what I can tell my boss when he starts discecting his staff.

The different in Scientology is L. Ron Hubbard
developed an applied philosophy which does make a difference. You can use this to change the things you know you need to change rather than come to terms with your inability to do so. It is so much better to live with the tools of this subject!

This has application in so many different areas of life. For example, philosophy should address such problems as
crime and mental illness(CCHR) the state of the world and the need to improve it, even how to improveeducation so people can learn enough to make the best choices in their lives.

Where I used to put down these philosophy texts of old with a sigh and a wish that I had some workable answers, when I read the philosophy of Mr.
Hubbard I am energized and inspired to do something to help.

I'd say that's a better outlook....








<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?