.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 17, 2004

The other day I tried to book a hotel room by phone. I called a 1-800 number and ran headlong, on a very personal level, into the problem most businesses face today. The man I spoke with just couldn't get my name (a pretty simple and common one) and kept slaughtering it (after he asked me to repeate it 3 times first). They he told me he couldn't find the kind of room I wanted. He said he found something else and quoted me a price. I thanked him and said I'd let him know. They he tried to muscle me into booking now, with threats that if I waited and called back the room would probably be booked. Very unpleasant.

(I did call back the next day, spoke to a real person, found the room I wanted was, in fact, available and the price Mr. what's-your-name quoted was totally off).

I don't run a business myself, but I know this kind of problem is widespread in today's marketplace.

That, coupled with the anti-work ethic of the early 21st Century (and if you try to get someone to work you are guilty of abusing your employees?...), let alone "creative financing" à la Enron (and surely many others), and stir in a bit of "everyone does it" à la Martha Stewart, and is it any wonder our dollar buys less and continues its slide against the Euro?


If you share my concerns, here are some sites that should interest you.

Scientology // World Institute of Scientology Entreprises - WISE
Hubbard College of Administration
Hubbard College of Administration - About L. Ron Hubbard
California Postsecondary Education Commission -- Institution Profiles





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?